Let’s talk about dates. No, not the kind you got from swiping-right (💔)...the fruit kind! Dates are super packed with potassium - 50% more than bananas to be exact (someone coulda told potassium deficient Mitch from Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves) and offer the perfect amount of sweet and soft + natural caramelly goodness.
We combined some squishyyy Medjool dates with our Superfood mushroom blend to make these Raw Cinnamon Date Rolls (Vegan, GF, Paleo). 😍 All you need are your fave Mālama extract blend plus some big booty medjool dates, almonds and/or walnuts and pecans, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, parchment paper, and a rolling pin. Oh, and a food processor and freezer.
We added a last minute vegan-coconut icing because well, aesthetic but also for #yummms. I’ll tell ya, they give grandmas cinnamon rolls a run for her money! No offense, NaNa 👵🏽
Ingredients with measurements:
- 1 1/2 cups almonds or pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mālama Extract Mix of choice (we used our Four Mushroom Superfood blend!)
- Add almonds and walnuts to the food processor and pulse until nuts are about the size of peas.
- Add in the dates, vanilla and salt and run on high until the dough forms into a large ball. If needed, add 1 tablespoon of water and pulse until it comes together.
- Take half of the mixture out of the food processor and press into 1 even layer about 1/4 inch thick on parchment paper. If it's muy sticky, put another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Add cinnamon to the other half and pulse until combined.
- Take the cinnamon dough and press evenly on top of the first layer. Then starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down.
- Wrap the roll in parchment paper and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices and eat whenever you need a feel-good sweet treat with mucho potassium, ayyyy.