These Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Chewy Bars are a homemade, no-bake edition of your favorite childhood snack, to bring you back to simpler times (see childish grin below for proof). Plus they are gluten free, vegan, and PACKED with cordyceps to get some of them peps in your steps.
Ingredients with measurements
- 2 teaspoons Malama Mushrooms Cordyceps Extract Powder (or mix of choice!)
- 1½ cups gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups crispy brown rice cereal
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (or honey for non-vegan option)
- ¼ cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Mālama Mushrooms chocolate bar broken into chunks or chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together quick cooking oats, crispy rice cereal and Malama mix. Set aside.
- Stir coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pan. Heat over low-medium heat until it starts boiling, stirring frequently. Once it begins to boil, let boil for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and stir in almond butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Working quickly (so the chocolate doesn't melt) pour into a parchment-lined 8x8 pan and sit refrigerator for about an hour, or until set.
- Cut into 10-12 bars - you can store in the fridge for up to a few weeks!
- SIT, EAT, ENJOIIII. Post about it on instagram, brag a little. No, really. If you made this recipe, please post about it and tag us!! :)