These chewy, deep chocolate-y vegan avocado brownies are a superfood sweet-treat dream. Guilt-free paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and charged with things that will make you feel good. HOORAY for feel-good dessert thingssss.
Ingredients with measurements
- ¼ cup avocado
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Malama Cacao mix of choice (we used our Lion's mane because BRAIN POWER, BABYYYY)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 flax eggs (1 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup chopped or vegan chocolate chips and Superfood chocolate chunks
- Mix up a flax seed egg (1 Tbsp flax seed meal + 3 Tbsp water) and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients; flour, coconut sugar, Malama cacao mix, salt, and baking soda
- Cut/smash in the avocado into the dry ingredients with a fork
- Melt and stir maple syrup, coconut oil, and vegan chocolate chips together on the stovetop or in the microwave (30 sec-1min in microwave or stir on low heat on stove)
- Add melted mixture and flax seed egg to dry ingredients and mix until dry ingredients well incorporated.
- Line 8 X 8 square baking dish with parchment paper and gently press brownie batter into it. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on the top for effect!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. ENJOY!