Easy Vegan +GF, Raw MUSH'T UP “Twix” bars made with a coconut flour base, date-nut butter 'caramel' center, and dark chocolate topping. Refined sugar-free and superfooded ALL THE WAY UP. ✨🍫
We added a different mushroom mix to each layer, but you can just use whatever you have at home however you'd like! Be mindful that the base layer is pretty light in color, so a darker mix like Chaga or a Cacao mix will likely tint it.
The mixes we used --
Mālama Mushrooms Cordyceps Extract
Mālama Mushrooms Chaga Extract Mix
Mālama Mushrooms Reishi Cacao Mix
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 TBSP unrefined coconut oil (or sub coconut butter if OF)
- 1/4 cup (~5) Medjool dates
- 2 tsp Mālama Mushrooms Cordyceps Extract
DATE “CARAMEL” LAYER
- 1 1/4 cup Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used cashew butter!)
- 1–2 TBSP unsweetened dairy-free milk (oat milk for me)
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tsp Mālama Mushrooms Chaga Extract Mix
- 1/2 bag of vegan dark chocolate chips (~8oz) or 2 Mālama Mushrooms Four Mushroom Chocolate bars
- 2 tsp Mālama Mushrooms Reishi Cacao Mix
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the coconut flour, cordyceps, unrefined coconut oil, and dates to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and place in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Rinse out the food processor or blender and add the dates, nut butter, dairy-free milk, chaga, and salt. Blend until thick and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. Remove pan from the freezer and spread the mixture in an even layer on top of the crust. Place the pan back in the freezer for ~30 minutes until the caramel layer sets.
- Melt the chocolate bars or chips in a pan over medium low, stirring often to prevent burning. Stir in mushroom mix.
- Remove pan from the freezer and pour the chocolate mixture on top of the date caramel and spread in an even layer. Tap a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the pan in the fridge for ~30 minutes to set.
- Cut into squares and serve! The chocolate won’t break perfectly– that’s OK!
- Get MUSH-T UP and enjoy. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days and freeze for longterm storage.