These Chaga Chickpea Cookie Dough Bars are an allergen-free, satisfying fix for all chocolate hankerings. Vegan, GF, nut-free, refined sugar free, and filled with anti-oxidant and immune support from our Queen Chaga!
Ingredients with Measurements:
For the brownie base layer - (option to omit base layer and just start with cookie dough layer and add fudge)
3/4 cup dates (softer, moist kind work best)
1 tsp vanilla extract* or vanilla bean
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp flax seeds (or fresh flax meal)
1/4 cup + 1 heaped tbsp Mālama Chaga Cacao Mix
4 tbsp almond flour
Pinch of salt
For the cookie dough layer -
2 x 15 oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
1 cup powdered Erythritol or powdered sugar
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda (to emulate cookie dough taste)
5 tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (more if you like it dense!)
For the chocolate fudge layer -
4 tbsp melted cacao butter
1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Ground flax seeds in blender or coffee grinder until it turns to flour or use fresh flax meal
2. Process all dry ingredients in food processor and add dates + vanilla extract. Blend until the dough sticks together when you press it between your fingers. It might take awhile until the dough comes together, and if it's too dry after several minutes, add more maple or agave syrup and/or dates for moisture. (This is why moist, soft dates are helpful. Soaking them in warm water can help them soften).
3. Line 5-inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease with a little oil.
4. Transfer brownie mix into pan and press dough firmly into the bottom.
5. For cookie dough layer, process chickpeas, sunflower seed butter, and vanilla extract into blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Add all other ingredients minus the chips and mix again. Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon. Transfer the cookie dough mixture to the pan and put in the freezer.
6. For the chocolate fudge layer, carefully melt the cacao butter in a water bath, add all other ingredients, stir with a whisk, and pour it onto the cookie dough layer. Put the pan in the freezer for about 60 minutes to set.
7. Cut into bars and enjoy thawed!!!!