Aloha Friday, Ohana 🌺 We’re back with more fung-stuff to put in your mouth. These paleo-friendly and superfood-forward Reishi “Twix” bars are that melt-in-your-mouth, crumbly goodness we’ve been craving. 🍫 Almond flour base, date caramel center, and dark chocolate superfood topping make these gluten free, vegan, and free of refined-sugar and weird random bad stuff that you can't pronounce. Super easy to make and super easy to eat, too 😋 Now get to cookin, good lookins!!!
Ingredients with measurements:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 TBSP unrefined coconut oil (or can sub coconut butter)
- 1/4 cup (about five) Medjool dates
Date "Caramel” Layer
- 1 1/4 cup Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used half cashew butter and sunflower butter!)
- 1–2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Malama Reishi Cacao Mix
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch salt
- OR five bars Malama Mushrooms chocolate
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the almond flour, coco oil, and dates to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and place in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Rinse out the food processor or blender and add the dates, nut butter, almond milk, and salt. Blend until thick and creamy. Remove pan from the freezer and spread the mixture in an even layer on top of the crust. Place the pan back in the freezer for ~30 minutes until the caramel layer sets.
- Melt the chocolate ingredients OR chocolate bars in a pan over medium low, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Remove pan from the freezer and pour the chocolate mixture on top of the date caramel and spread in an even layer. Tap a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Cut into squares and serve! The chocolate may not break perfectly– that’s OK!
- Store in the fridge for 3-5 days and freeze for longterm storage.