We love sweet potato almost as much as we love mushrooms. So we decided to combine them into this super simple 'Superfood Sweet Potato bread' recipe to keep you fueled and chock full of fiber, vitamins, and adaptogens!
Here's some neat stuff about sweet potatoes that make them a staple of our personal food pyramid.
- Highly nutritious and support your immune system, as they rich in magnesium, potassium, vitamin A, C, and E.
- Promote gut health and healthy digestion due to abundance of fiber and antioxidants.
- May have cancer-fighting properties due to beta-carotene, carotenoid which is essential in protecting men from developing prostate cancer. In addition, extracts from different parts of sweet potatoes have been shown to help eradicate breast, gastric, colorectal, and prostate cancers, limiting the growth and spread of these cancers.
- Support healthy vision. Vitamin A, C, and E are integral in promoting good vision. Deficiency of vitamin A results in blindness or malformation of the retina and deficiency in vitamin C is associated with the development of cataracts.
- Enhance brain function. Purple sweet potatoes, specifically have been linked to better brain function. They've been shown to protect the brain and improve learning and memory thanks to high levels of anthocyanins and antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and protect neurons from free radicals.
Okay, you have the 'why.' Here's the 'how'.
Ingredients with measurements:
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup of Cashew Butter
- ½ large baked sweet potato (bake beforehand at 400 degrees for 60 minutes)
- 1 TBSP Malama Extract Powder of choice
- Handful of walnut or pecan halves for topping
- Whisk all ingredients (only half of the nuts) in a stand or electric mixer until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into standard loaf bread pan lined with parchment paper. Batter may be runny depending on nut butter used, this is normal!
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Take out halfway to sprinkle the rest of the walnuts or pecans on top.
- Optional: Drizzle maple syrup on the top for added sweetness / garnish. Let cool, cut, and enjoy!